Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance
Today in the European Parliament, Maria da Graça Carvalho organised a roundtable debate on the Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, signed last 24th may in Galway, Ireland, between the European Union, The United States and Canada.
The event was opened by Maria da Graça Carvalho, Robert-Jan SMITS, Director-General DG Research and Innovation, European Commission and by Lowri EVANS Director-General, DG for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries.
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the future of Ocean Research and the implementation of the Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance.
During the meeting there were interventions from:
- Maria do Céu PATRÃO NEVES - MEP PECH, Member of the Delegation for Relations with Canada
- Chistian Ehler - MEP ITRE, Chair Delegation for relations with the United States
- Britta THOMSEM- MEP ITRE
- David PLUNKETT - Ambassador of Canada to the European Union
- Thomas REOTT - US Economic Counsellor to the European Union
- Lourdes ARMESTO, Head of Department, Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation JPI Oceans' Management Board representative
- Andrew BROWN - Marine Scotland in Europe - Scottish Government
- Berit JOHNE - Research Council of Norway - JPI Oceans
- Peter HEFFERNANN - Galway Marine Institute, Ireland
- Prof Michael ST. JOHN - Researcher coordinating the Eurobasin Project
In the image Maria da Graça Carvalho and Robert-Jan Smits during the meeting.